As Christmas is approaching, you may be starting to think about gifts and presents for all your friends and family, and also about all the lovely goodies you will be making in the kitchen; not only Christmas dinner, but also yummy chutneys, cakes and, of course, Christmas cookies – Christmas would not be the same without them!
While you are cooking up a Christmas storm in the kitchen, why not take five minutes to make some special treats of your pug too! This is a great recipe that is easy to make, and you will already have most of the ingredients in your cupboards.
- 3/4 cup of non fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a big mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add in the flour and the baking power and mix until it forms a stiff dough. Use your hands to work the dough if it becomes too stiff. If your pug does not like crunchy treats, then put in less flour to make them a little more chewy.
- Dust flour on a work surface and roll out the dough to about 1/4″ thick.
- Cut the dough in to a suitable size for your pug. You can cut them in simple rectangle shapes, or use cookie cutters for fun shapes!
- Place the cookies on a parchment covered baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip the cookies and then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or feeding them to your puggy. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.